A total of 177 Indonesian pilgrims who were detained by the Philippine Immigration for using false documents likely the victim of fraud syndicate group, said Vice President Jusuf Kalla.
The prospective pilgrims Indonesia was arrested on Friday (19/08) at the airport of Manila, Philippines, because it proved a Philippine passport to go on a pilgrimage from the country.
Allegedly they use documents Philippine passport because of the limited quota of Hajj Indonesia, while there are still many quota Hajj is left in the Philippines.
"Maybe ditipulah or given the way that is not understood by the (agent) travel or those that promise to pilgrimage with ease, "said Vice President Jusuf Kalla told reporters on Sunday (08/21).
it often happens?
Image caption Although the call action 177 prospective pilgrims Indonesia was" violated "rule, Vice President Jusuf Kalla said to be responsible are those who dispatch them to the Philippines,
Indonesia and the Philippines have so far continued to coordinate to find out the dispatcher that 177 prospective pilgrims from South Sulawesi and surrounding areas to the Philippines, said Indonesia's ambassador to the Philippines, Johnny Lumintang.
"There (agent) travel that took them to the Philippines. Before leaving (to Manila), they've brought Philippine passport. Being investigated (who sent it), "said Johnny Lumintang told BBC Indonesia, Sunday (21/08) night.
Image copyright AP Image caption use of passports of other countries - especially the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam - to perform the pilgrimage is often done by citizen because of the limited quota of Hajj
Allegedly practice of using passports of other countries -especially the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam to perform the pilgrimage is often done by a citizen because of the limited quota of Hajj, said a board of Islamic organizations.
"It is often the case, has long , There is for example travel-travel agency that can dispatch people. I think that the network, "said Agus Sunyoto, one-a leader of Nahdlatul Ulama, on Sunday.
" I am currently on a pilgrimage in 2001, met the family of Indonesian pilgrims departing from Thailand, "he said.
Ask freed
Indonesian government believes 177 people pilgrim Indonesia was the victim of fraud, so that the Philippine government asked for his release.
"We are trying tomorrow (Monday), they can be transferred to the Embassy. We also undertake the process to return to Indonesia, "said Indonesian Ambassador to the Philippines, Johnny Lumintang.
Although called the move 177 prospective pilgrims Indonesia was 'violated' rule, Vice President Jusuf Kalla said to be responsible are those who dispatch them to the Philippines.
"Of course (the guilty) is set. They (prospective pilgrims) was a victim. They do not know, "said Kalla.
Image copyright AP Image caption The Indonesian government believes 177 people pilgrim Indonesia was a victim of fraud, so that the Philippine government asked for his release.
Jusuf Kalla admitted restrictions to the quota of Hajj Indonesia is the main cause of occurrence of cases like this .
In some areas, there are Indonesian citizens had to wait 20 years to get a chance pilgrimage.
"there are impatiently awaiting, (and) looking for a way to pilgrimage. The trick was, yes, to the Philippines, the quota is not used. But should automatically use Philippine passport. This is wrong, "said Kalla.
In 2016, the quota for Indonesian pilgrims are restricted by the government of Saudi Arabia up to 168,000 people, lower than in 2011 and that is equal to 221.000.
The Saudi Arabian government to lower the quota haj in 2016 allegedly related to the expanding complex of the Grand Mosque in the holy city of Mecca.
until 20:00 pm, Sunday (08/19), BBC Indonesia has attempted to contact the Director General of Hajj and Umrah, Abdul Djamil, via cell phone, but has not received a response.
Sedang diterjemahkan, harap tunggu..
